An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
- Added Crate #75, Crate #76, and Crate #77 to the drop list
- Removed Crate #57, Crate #59 and Crate #71 from the drop list
- Added new Strange parts that can be applied to Strange cosmetic items
- Fixed a client crash related to the Mann vs. Machine mission victory panel
- Fixed players being able to level-up some Strange items when playing on servers with only bots
- Fixed some cases where Halloween spell effects on items would not appear when they were supposed to
- Fixed robot Engineer head not looking correct for the Botkiller Sniper Rifle Mk.II
- Fixed killstreak notices being stuck on the screen when the map is changing levels
- Fixed Team Shine killstreak sheen effect not displaying properly for the Blue team
- Updated several backpack images to fix issues caused by mat_picmip
- Updated Killstreak Kits to work on Festive and Botkiller variants of target weapons
- Updated pl_upward
- Fixed players getting stuck in the initial Red spawn room after control point 2 is capped
- Improved bot navigation
- Updated cp_gorge
- Updated Mann vs. Machine
- Fixed players who join in the middle of a mission not receiving the Upgrade Refund credit if it has been earned by the team
- Fixed Romevision hats conflicting with gatebot hats in Mannhattan
- Fixed an exploit that allowed purchasing upgrades for weapons other than what they were intended for
- Updated mvm_rottenburg
- Fixed a bug where the bomb could get stuck out of reach in the corner near the cap
- Fixed a bug where bots could be instantly killed by being pushed into the tank tunnel once opened
- Fixed a bug where money could get stuck in the tank barricade when it was rebuilt, preventing collection
- Updated mvm_mannhattan
- Rebalanced Empire Escalation
- Fixed credits not always being collected when they fall into the grinder
- Fixed a bug that allowed the gates to be captured out of order
- Fixed a lighting bug related to lower graphics settings that cause the map to be too dark
We’ve been busy these last few months, trying to settle a longstanding debate as to what “bimonthly” actually means. Some members of the team are convinced it means “once every two months.” Others maintain even trying to define it would ruin the enchanting mystery of reading. Anyway, three months later we’re no closer to an answer. However, we are close to releasing the second issue of Team Fortress Comics, this time as a tri-monthly publication. How close? It’s here.
When we last left our gripping ongoing tale, Saxton Hale had lost Mann Co. to the scheming Gray Mann and disappeared to parts unknown. The TF2 mercs, now out of jobs, had scattered to the winds—until six months later, when Miss Pauling started reassembling the team under orders from an in-hiding Administrator. With Demo, Soldier and Pyro on board, our team heads to Teufort to rescue Spy and Scout from the hangman’s noose. Find out what happens next in Part Two, titled “Unhappy Returns”.
As of this morning the stats and ban website is up, and ranking is being tracked again. I apologize for the downtime, but just a fluke of the internet I guess.
In any case, I will no longer be posting outage alerts on this announcement page. It seems that they make less important issues fall through the gap, and the main issues are not needed to be posted to a bulk audience. As such I will be posting all issues / outages on the forums, which can be found here: http://www.gaming-servers.net/forums/categories/status
All issues that are currently on the announcement page will be archived to the status page above.
If you feel there is a current issue with the servers, please post on the forums, and I will take a look, and escalate it to an issue if needed.
I am currently rescuing a server that hosts the bans website, stats website, and the stats process script which takes the data from the servers and adds it to the database. Please note that all data is still intact, and nothing was lost, just the front ends for everything.
We here at (G-S.N) want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving day and dinner. We kindly ask that you don’t play too many video games and enjoy the amazing wonders of your family.
Even if you do the above or not, you should eat lots and lots of pie!
The (G-S.N) Team!